- To aid the poor, the destitute, the hungry, the aged, the sick, the unemployed, the orphaned, the imprisoned, the widowed, the disabled, the victims of disasters.
- To undertake the burial of the impoverished persons and to offer assistance to anyone who may need the help of the church through fundraising efforts.
- To promote the charitable, benevolent and philanthropic purposes of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America.
- To preserve and perpetuate Orthodox Christian concepts and the Orthodox traditions, in accordance with its doctrines, canons, discipline, divine worship, usages and customs.
- To promote participation in the activities of the Greek Orthodox community, with the cooperation of the Parish Priest and the Parish Council.
St. Nicholas Philoptochos Events & Activities
General meetings are typically held on the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. from September through June.
Significant events sponsored by our St. Nicholas Philoptochos include:
- The annual St. Nicholas Vasilopita Luncheon
- The annual St. Nicholas Women's Retreat
- The St. Nicholas Philoptochos Sunshine Committee
- Cooking activities for the annual St. Nicholas Opa!Fest Greek Festival
- Please see this important announcement from our St. Nicholas Philoptochos regarding COVID-19 Outreach activities. Your help is vital to this program.
- Please Donate to our 2021 Sunshine Committee Fundraiser - Click Here for details
- Philoptochos Sunday - November 14th - Click Here for details
Metropolis of Detroit Philoptochos
Click here to be redirected to the Metropolis of Detroit Philoptochos website.
Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America Philoptochos
Click here to be redirected to the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America Philoptochos website.
St. Nicholas Philoptochos Executive Leadership & Board Members
|Melanie Feles||First Vice-President|
|Vasiliki Michalakis||Second Vice-President|
|Patricia Bologna||Corresponding Secretary|
|Brittany Mouzourakis||Recording Secretary|
|Chrysia Carson||Assistant Treasurer|
|Barbara Caralis||Board Member|
|Cindy Crosson||Board Member|
|Anne Feles||Board Member|
|Maria Kokkinakis||Board Member|
|Deanna Kostaras||Board Member|
|Mary Makris||Board Member|
|Minnie Papageorgiou||Board Member|
|Christina Raptis Robert||Board Member|
|Penny Seaborn||Board Member|
|Eugenia Tonelli||Board Member|
|Irene Zannis||Board Member|
back to top
Joining Our St. Nicholas Philoptochos
To obtain more information about Philoptochos, please contact any one of the Executive Board Members or call the church at (248) 362-9575. You can also email the Philoptochos board at email@example.com. This is the official email for our St. Nicholas Philoptochos.
Click Here to complete your Philoptochos Membership Renewal Online
Our St. Nicholas Philoptochos on Facebook
To visit our Facebook page click here.