Where did you learn to cook or bake? Was it your mom's kitchen? Was it from watching Yia Yia make Baklava or Roast Leg of Lamb and Rice Pilaf? Or was it from watching Dad turn the handle on the souvla (BBQ)?
At this year's Opa! Fest, you can learn how to make some of the most popular Greek dishes as made by both professional Chefs and experienced Yia Yias, Pappous, Moms and Dads. See the schedule below for details.
This year, Opa! Fest would like to introduce Maria Benardis to our community. Maria is a Gourmand Award winning Author, Intuitive Chef, Food Alchemist, Motivational Speaker, Intuitive Health & Wellness Coach and Founder of Greekalicious. She is the Founder of Greekalicious, a concept she formed while on the Greek Island of Mykonos in 2004. For a complete biography on Maria, please click here.
Maria will be offering her knowledge of Greek cuisine and wellness to the community. Below is Maria's schedule of cooking demonstrations for Opa! Fest along with cooking demonstrations by some of the best cooks at St. Nicholas.
- 6:30pm-10:00pm -Maria Benardis cooking demos
- 5:00pm - 6:00pm -Maria Benardis cooking demos
- 6:30pm - Demonstration from our leading Greek Chefs at St. Nicholas.
- 7:30pm - Demonstration from our leading Greek Chefs at St. Nicholas.
- Stop by an learn how our fabulous Greek Cuisine is made. See what our YIA YIAs and mothers taught us.
4:00pm - Sam Backos, Owner, Ernie's Mediterannean Room
5:00pm - Orestis Kaltsounis
Joan Anderson Travel Service
back to top